P2-I: PRINCE2® Project Management - IntroductionAuthor: SkillSolve
Accredited course, Helps you get acquainted with project management and become immediately productive as a member of a project environment.
This course provides an overview and introduction to an internationally recognised method called PRINCE2® Project Management; it is a best practice for Project Management.
PRINCE2 is the world’s most widely-adopted project management method, used by people and organizations from wide-ranging industries and sectors.
It is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for managing successful projects, regardless of type or scale. Built upon seven principles, themes and processes, PRINCE2 can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
This package covers Introduction level study, further Foundation and Practitioner levels available for upgrade as and when you wish to progress to the next level.
The Foundation level aims to confirm that you know and understand the PRINCE2 method well enough to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
The Practitioner level aims to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding in order to apply and tailor the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
Beneﬁts of Method:
- Improve your delivery confidence as everyone understands their role in delivering what the business expects.
- Terminology that is common in all projects around the world with a methodology that works ‘effectively with ‘knowledge based practices
- Close your projects well to ensure lessons are captured and project assets are protected
- Structured approach with controls to provide a delivery methodology that works repeatedly and will enable you to successfully deliver projects
- Clearly understand your role, governance and responsibilities including the triggers, inputs and expected outputs
- Start your projects well to ensure successful and consistent delivery to achieve the expected benefits
- Enhance your CV and boost future employment prospects.
Introduction Level - Course Content:
• 2 modules with associated engaging, motion graphic video presented lessons
• Notes to support each lesson and references to further suggested reading.
• Support materials and exercises to consolidate the learning
• Sample questions to test and embed the learning
• Eligible for 5 CPU/PDU points.
1) What are the prerequisites to take this course?
Familiarity with projects and Project management is useful but not essential.
2) Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at individuals aspiring to become project managers and anyone who manages or wishes to manage projects. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers, IT Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
This is an accredited course eligible for CPDs/PDUs and is a precursor towards a potential further study/qualification (Foundation/Practitioner) in PRINCE2® Project Management
3) What will students achieve or be able to do after taking your course?
a) Be able to describe the characteristics of a project
b) Acknowledge the differences between projects and programs
c) Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
d) Learn the importance of using a structured strategy for successful project management
e) Get to know the structure of PRINCE2 and understand PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes
f) Learn how the themes and processes support the principles within a project environment
g) Prepare you for a potential Foundation and/or Practitioner level qualification in PRINCE2® Project Management. (This is an Introduction package, Upgrade required to a Foundation and/or Practitioner level package)
h) Eligible for 5 Category - C PDUs or CPDs
Next Step/Course: PRINCE2® Project Management - Foundation
P2-I: PRINCE2® Project Management - Introduction
This module is the first of two modules covering introduction to project management in general and PRINCE2 Project Management in particular. The Getting Started module introduces a background to project management. In this module we will look at the differences between projects, programmes and portfolios; typical reasons why projects fail; and how PRINCE2 can help address common reasons for project failure.